JBoss Hibernate Technology
JBoss Hibernate offers high-performing object/relational persistence and query services. The JBoss Hibernate Technology (JB297) three-day course gives Java developers the knowledge and skills required to leverage the powerful Java Hibernate Application Stack. Through clear interactive lectures and hands-on labs, students are introduced to Hibernate essentials and internals along with its practical applications and best practices strategies. Hibernate helps students produce and maintain well-designed, robust business applications while optimizing performance and reducing software maintenance costs. This course will also demonstrate to the students how Web Platform can use a slimmed down profile of the JBoss Application Server to provide an integrated platform for next-generation, standards-based Java applications.
JBoss Hibernate adapts to your development process, no matter if you start with a design from scratch or work with an existing database. It supports any application architecture. Combined with Hibernate EntityManager and Hibernate Annotations, you can use Hibernate as a certified Java Persistence provider.
Course Topics (13 topics)
- State of the union
- Explanation of .org vs. .com
- Brief overview of products
- Understanding the object-relational mismatch
- Introduction to Hibernate ORM
- Hibernate tooling and development
- Persistent classes in Hibernate
- O/R mapping details and inheritance
- Hibernate Transactions
- Understanding Hibernate Query technology
- Best practices and improving performance
- Additional Hibernate modules